Release of Penguin update by Google has become a watershed event for small and medium businesses that were relying on net marketing. For many it came to define extinction and decline. In the efforts to curb web spamming, heavy handiness has come to define the Google’s treatment of non-complying sites. People used to Panda upgrade issued in 201 failed to realize the sweeping changes that Penguin upgrade brought to web traffic ability. However, smart enough to adapt to changing conditions have benefitted from the change.
The situation is not entirely incurable; one needs to realize what Google kept in mind while developing these upgrades, foremost amongst them are Basic Quality Guidelines from Google, they include:
- Developing web pages for users not search engine optimization.
- Avoiding tricking users & search engines to improve page visibility.
- Avoiding participation in link schemes.
- Avoiding using unauthorized programs to submit pages or check ratings.
Now the Google itself has issued specific guidelines to help the page developers. They include:
- Avoiding hidden text or links.
- Avoid cloaking.
- Avoid sending automated queries to Google.
- Avoid loading pages with irrelevant key words.
- Avoid pages, sub domains with duplicate content.
- Avoiding malicious activities.
- Avoid search engine oriented development, keep users in mind.
Armed with this knowledge, now the pages can be developed in a way that promotes user oriented focus. Now, two approaches can be adopted for bringing life on the web to bear with the penguins that have started to swim around in the same pool. First is to analyze your site for the following:
- User friendliness and search engine friendliness.
- Titles and Tagging for seeing if they are unique.
- Cutting down on duplicate pages as they adversely affect site rating.
- Elimination of error pages to see if they are denting the sites ranking.
For analysis Google’s webmaster tool can be a good help. Data provided by it can be useful in analyzing the weaknesses and covering up the gray areas. Google analytics are equally effective in overcoming the menace created by the Penguin. Now one of the specific things that went into target list was the back link creations by sources that were paid. A helpful review and cutting down of unnecessary back links may be vital for survival. Once the analysis portion is over, one can look forward to other means that will help improve the page visibility. These include:
- Socializing content through social sharing sites
- Now networking with businesses similar to ones own and posting reviews on each other’s blog in a quid pro quo action can be very useful
- Every business on the net nearly has a Facebook page. Using it helps.
- Procuring social adds can also pay dividends
- With the large number of discussion boards and forums cropping up, it has become relevant to use them to promote one’s online business.
- Nothing works more thoroughly then constantly updated blogs. Keep the quality content posted to attract more visitors and search engines.
- Using videos for product promotion
- Don’t forget Google+, things promoted here get the blue eyed treatment.
I am Nadine Myrick from Pass Certification; it gives 100% guaranteed success in your HP APC HP0-S29 Exam. Let’s take benefit of HP AIS HP0-S30 exam material efficiently and get guaranteed success. Check out free demo of all certifications Exam.