Who doesn’t want more traffic? With more websites and blogs being created every single day it is also getting harder to stand out from the crowd and actually GET that traffic. You might think that you can just build a blog and the traffic will flood in, but unless you purposely know how to drive that traffic in, it is unlikely that you will get much of it.
Search Engine Traffic
One of the biggest forms of traffic that people usually think of is from the search engines like Google, Bing, and Yahoo. These are the 3 biggest search engines and you can get a great deal of visitors if you know how to boost your rankings. If you are buried on page 5 or 6 you are simply not going to get found by searchers. By building quality backlinks to your site and having good on page navigation you can see a continual increase in your rankings.
Here are some ways you can get more backlinks to your site:
- Do some blog commenting on quality blogs.
- Write quality articles on article submission sites like Ezinearticles and Goarticles.
- Write and submit articles on Web 2.0 directories like Hubpages and Squidoo.
- Join a forum and put a link in your signature. Remember to write valuable posts in the forum as well and be an active user.
- Ask other blog owners for a link exchange.
- Send out personal emails to relevant sites simply asking for a link. It might surprise you how many people reply.
- Offer to write a guest post for another blog in your niche.
The list could go on but those are the basics.
Social News Sites
But using the search engines are not the only ways to drive traffic to your blog. You can also use social news sites like Digg.com,Mixx.com, and Stumbleupon.com. I have seen a flood of traffic from just one well timed Stumbleupon submission. The best way to use these social news sites is to be ahead of the game and announce a news story or event before anyone else does.
I know I already mentioned this under search engine traffic, but blog comments can also help you get traffic directly from your link. If you can get a comment on a popular blog and be the first person to comment and leave your link you can get a ton of traffic from it. The key is to have your comment at the top of a popular blog post.
Twitter and Facebook
Everyone knows about social networking for their sites but not many people know how to use it properly. Use your twitter and facebook page to support and promote your main site or blog. Any time you have a new post or something to announce make sure you tweet about it and post it on your wall. And then try to interact with your followers and fans. Some people will only be able to keep up with your blog by following you on Twitter so it’s important to keep them engaged.
The single most powerful tool for getting more free traffic is to have a growing email list. Give something away for free on your blog in order to build your list. Whether you have an ebook, newsletter, or software for them to download, make sure you have an email form on every page. This will be the backbone of your business and you will be able to make money off of it even if your site gets de-indexed from the search engines.
Phillip is a writer for a website that shows people how to get the best identity theft protection available by comparing the top ID theft prevention companies.
Incoming search terms:
- Powered by Article Dashboard top ten internet search engines
- Powered by Article Dashboard free ad posting sites
- Powered by Article Dashboard a link to the past
- Powered by Article Dashboard myspace html tips
- Powered by Article Dashboard the best internet search engines
- Powered by Article Dashboard list of internet search engines
- Powered by Article Dashboard creative writing contest
- Powered by Article Dashboard locating someone for free
- Powered by Article Dashboard how to find people free
- Powered by Article Dashboard free fantasy football rankings