Affiliate marketers using WordPress know that integrating the right plugins will increase efficiency and usability, which will maximize the performance of the sites. These ten will each prove to be a worthwhile plugin to your toolkit, a step toward greater success.
- WordPress Link Cloaking Program: if you like to include links to your selected affiliate programs or products in your posts, but don’t like to take the time to do it – or don’t want to forget to do it – this program will do it for you. Designate word groups or phrases and when you type them into your content a link will be automatically created.
- phpBay Pro: if you are an eBay affiliate, then this is definitely a plugin that you should be running on your blog to embed eBay listings that are easily optimised for search engines. A similarly polished plugin is available from the developer for Amazon affiliates.
- AdRotator from Clickbank: this plugin may be used with Adsense or function as an alternative to it if you’re unhappy with the low return on the Adsense ads that get fed to your site. It will randomly select an ad from your specified collection and display the advertisement where you want it.
- Amazon Media Manager: a must for affiliates with Amazon and Amazon Marketplace, this plugin does just what you’d expect. It allows you the simplest way to adds products from Amazon to your WordPress blog, and keeps track of what you’ve added, allowing for quick and easy organization.
- Wp-Amazon: seamless synchronization is simplified even more by making the entire Amazon catalog available through WordPress. It creates an “Insert from Amazon” link for below your posting area on entry and edit pages. Click it and open a search page for Amazon.com that allows you to peruse what’s there by product lines.
- CafePress WordPress Plugin: this tool lets you effortless combine the PrestoGifto API, the CafePress API, and WordPress functions to crafts your pages. Product layout is simplified, thumbnails can be added and their size adjusted, and you select from a wide inventory of fonts, colors and styles. Choose any of the nearly 60 million products CafePress sells and feature them anywhere on your page, including sidebars or footers, or create their own unique page if you wish.
- Chitika eMiniMalls Sidebar widget for WordPress v2.0: a lot of affiliates are having fun and success with Chitika, and this widget let’s you skip the course on HTML and simply drag and drop a Chitika eMiniMall into your sidebar.
- Bidvertiser WP Widget: this tool allows you to make use of BidVertiser ads on your blog or site with just a couple of clicks.
- Adsense Deluxe: the beauty of this plugin is that it allows you to easily add Google or Yahoo! ads into your content wherever you want. Never need to cut and paste Adsense code again! And you control which ads you employ.
- Adsense Injection: this is another plugin that allows you to optimize your Adsense usage. This one takes random paragraph breaks in your content and interjects Adsense code. You can choose the colors and formats you want the otherwise random selections to be chosen from. There’s one injection per article, which includes 1-3 ads.
If creating pages that consistently make money is your goal, these 10 WordPress plugins will give you the business in the best possible way. Each is a proven winner when it comes to producing a healthier bottom line.
James Adams is a blogger and designer who works as a contributor and editor of the CreativeCloud design blog for an ecommerce store specialising in the HP 339 ink cartridge and other media supplies. He covers topics ranging from modern art to vintage print ads to gadgets and printed media design.